The Free & Open Source Software Conference (FOSSC-Oman’ 2013)
The Free and Open Source Software Conference (FOSSC-Oman’ 2013) is jointly organized by the Communication and Information Research Center (CIRC) at Sultan Qaboos University (SQU) and the Information Technology Authority (ITA), on Free and Open Source Software (FOSS). The conference is scheduled for two days, 18th and 19th February 2013 and targets ICT professionals, staff, students, and the broader FOSS community. The FOSSC-Oman’ 2013 is the first edition of this event and planned to be held every two years in Oman.
Objectives of the FOSS Conference:
- Support the National Free and Open source Initiative;
- Promote awareness on the use and development of Free and Open Source Software in Oman and the region;
- Enhance the opportunities on Open Source for the ICT Industry in Oman.
- Provide an attractive environment for networking FOSS users, and experts;
- Share mutual experiences and discuss potential implementations of FOSS.
|Communication and Information Research Center||Information Technology Authority|